Saturday, July 16, 2011

Filling a void

We meet so many people every day. Family, colleagues, friends, friends of friends, relatives, acquaintances etc. etc. But I was just wondering why do we have so many people in our lives when eventually we all come and go alone. I know it is a bloody deep thought for someone my age(25 looks 22...;)....)). At some point in our lives don't we all wonder why did I meet this person or why don't I know this person any more.

I am of course not God that I would have an answer to why we know people or why we don't but I believe all of us live with voids in our life which get filled by people whom we meet. I mean of course apart from a few 'unchangeable' factors like we don't choose our family or relatives(I wish we could), but we do choose the other set of people whom we interact with.

There's a reason why no one is perfect because then we would not need any one to point our flaws and help us become better but also if we were to be self-sufficient at all times, who the hell would we get drunk and party with? That's the effect people have on our lives, either to teach or learn one day at a time.

We obviously get closer to people who are like-minded but they are also the ones we believe will fill the gap in our system without having any selfish or conniving reasons whatsoever. We build our own comfort zones and surround ourselves with people who make us feel better about ourselves without any prejudices.

Similarly, I believe that no one can act as a replacement for any one and that all people have their own special place in our lives but when someone moves out of your life, they take away that part of your being and leave behind a void that someone else comes along and helps fill.

We are all no doubt slaves of destiny and most things in life come with an expiry date but the only permanence I have found lies in 'hope' that fills all voids and like a phoenix rises again each time we think it has failed us.

Time for some much needed sleep now.

Live to love, love to live!!!

1 comment:

  1. well written as always... loved it...

    true @ all of us live with the voids which get filled by the people whom we meet... true also @ taking away that part of your being when someone moves out of your life... although I believe not all voids get filled... some holes humongously turn into a crater over the time yet even those craters fill up the life, one way or the other...

    ... naaummiid khalaa bhi bann jaati hai muqaddas mukammal...
    ... mazaaq na ho woh muqaddar ka, bass itni hi tavaqqo hai...

    I remember ya had once written, hope is what dies last... 'n I truly live by it... not that I haven't seen the hope die, found out it perishes too, sometime slow 'n painfully, sometimes suddenly, just alike the human life... but unlike the human life 'n alike a pheonix, with time it revives... hope goes on... life goes on...

    unending cheers to live to love, love to live, absolutely well said... there's no greater salvation than being loved back by the one ya love...

    keep writing... God bless...

    ReplyDelete